Escape Outdoors is Cape Breton's outdoor store, offering apparel, footwear and gear for those involved in active and outdoor lifestyles. In addition, EO operates on site, Higher Grounds Cafe, a small coffee shop with seating for 25-30, selling teas/coffees and baked goods.
An important part of our business philosophy is to promote active and healthy living. As part of that we (1) provide education (2) motivation and (3) access to products/services to facilitate healthy and active lifestyles. As an example we sometimes provide workshops on various topics (gardening, hiking, etc.) and these sessions educate and get people interested in trying new active activities/hobbies. We also coordinate and promote various outdoor experiences (snowshoeing, hiking, cycling, etc.). We are looking for someone to join our team who also possesses the same interests and values and would be excited to work in a like-minded environment.
- Maintain an understanding of the EO customer and demonstrate a great deal of customer care.
- Maintain familiarity with EO's product assortment, sales and promotions.
- Provide product guidance for customers.
- Assist with visual merchandising, and window displays.
- Develop next level relationships with customers and initiate proactive communication with them about new product arrivals, events and other store happenings, through social media and other channels.
- Assist in the organization and roll-out of in-store/cafe events.
- Help to maintain organization and cleanliness, and restock product.
- Assist with cafe menu planning.
- Handling food/beverage service and sales.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate must be enrolled in post-secondary education. You also must have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to full-time studies in the next academic year.
- Must be able to work two Saturdays a month and some evenings.
- Flexible and creative self-starter who is able to work unsupervised within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Possess a positive attitude, friendliness, and a pleasant demeanor.
- Excellent communicator, and customer-service oriented.
- Retail and marketing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with a point of sale system would be an asset.
- Interest and experience in outdoor lifestyle activities would be an asset.
- Nine week term beginning end of June
- $10.85/hr for 40 hours a week + product discount
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline to apply is May 22nd.