Summer Employment 2021
Escape outdoors is THE ISLAND'S OUTDOOR STORE, HELPING YOU GET INTO THE WILD AND BEAUTIFUL WONDER THAT IS CAPE BRETON
Escape Outdoors has the following position available for summer 2021. Candidates will be creative, charismatic, knowledgeable, responsible, and dedicated. A personable and professional demeanor is essential, as is a passion for the outdoors and adventure!
E-Commerce Website Developer
The developer will be trained in website development, with the goal of ensuring the EO site it is easy to use and navigate, and that it includes all the functions that visitors need to select, order and pay for products. They’ll keep up to date with web technology and introduce additional functionality, such as product videos, to enhance the site. Ensure the blog is updated. They’ll oversee site maintenance, checking content and systems regularly to ensure they are working properly. They’ll update prices and product information, adding new products or removing. They’ll monitor site metrics, such as site traffic leads, and analyze and recommend changes to improve performance. This staff member will also assist with in-store sales. They will ensure all current marketing promotions and campaigns can be found on the website. All necessary training will be provided.
Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. five days per week (including two Saturdays per month), but occasionally, there may be requirement to work some weekends and evenings..
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Preference for candidates enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in business or Business diploma, but not necessary.
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts in the outdoors industry, as well as projections for the future.
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- Impeccable attention to detail; writes succinctly and professionally
- Possess command of best practices and trends in social media marketing and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Love of dogs is an asset :)
These positions are funded through Service Canada. Each position is 8 weeks in duration. Start date to be determined.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org